Vice Admiral, USN (Retired)
- 35-year career in the United States Navy culminating in command of Naval Surface Forces/ Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet.
- Responsible for the manning, training and equipping of the United States Navy’s Surface Ship Fleet, influencing a $40 billion annual enterprise-wide budget, and directly executing a $3 billion annual Naval Surface Force U. S. Pacific Fleet budget.
- Change leader who led the digital transformation and technical refresh of the Navy’s Personnel System.
- Training expert who completely revamped the Surface Warfare Officer career path; brought Surface Warfare training into the 21st Century by transforming the curricula and devices to state-of-the-art virtual systems, and created programs and policies that professionalized the Surface Warfare community.
- Held seven command tours throughout his career: USS THE SULLIVANS (DDG 68), USS GETTYSBURG (CG 64), Surface Warfare Officers School Command, Naval Service Training Command, Carrier Strike Group Eleven/NIMITZ Carrier Strike Group, Navy Personnel Command/Deputy Chief of Navy Personnel, and Naval Surface Forces/Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet.